Welcome to ISEL
ISEL aims at producing knowledge on how to improve software development practice based on past experience and evidences elaborated from data recorded in software repositories.
- The paper published at SBES'2023: Assessing the Readability of ChatGPT Code Snippet Recommendations: A Comparative Study has won a Distinguished Paper Award.
- We have two papers on code readability from Carlos Eduardo's PhD. ongoing work: ICSME'2023: How do Developers Improve Code Readability? An Empirical Study of Pull Requests; SBES'2023: Assessing the Readability of ChatGPT Code Snippet Recommendations: A Comparative Study. Set-2023.
- A paper from Adriano's thesis has been accepted in the IET Software Journal: "Mining relevant solutions for programming tasks from search engine results". Jun-2023.
- Marcelo has taken up the position of Coordinator for the Graduate Program in Computer Science of Federal University of Uberlândia. Jun-2023.
- Adriano Mendonça has defended his PhD thesis and assumed a position as Assistant Professor at Federal University of Uberlandia. Oct-2022
- Marcelo participated in the examination board of the PhD defense of José Vicente Pereira dos Reis at the University Institute of Lisbon. Sep-2022.
- Victor Sobreira defended the thesis: "Analysis of Bug Localization Performance Supported by Dataset Dissection" - Jan-2022.
- The paper "Anti-bloater Class Restructuring: An Exploratory Study" with João Paulo Machado, Elder Sobrinho and Marcelo Maia has been accepted at the Journal of Software: Evolution and Process (Wiley) (Jan-2022).
- Rodrigo's doctoral thesis (CROKAGE: Effective Solution Recommendation for Programming Tasks by Leveraging Crowd Knowledge) has been award with as the WINNER of the Software Engineering Doctoral and Master Theses Competition (CTD-ES) (Oct-2021).